Thread: No Connection
View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2002
Unregistered

Default Me Too-Unable To Connect

HELP-Can't Connect

Hi there. I am a cisco certified networking tech and former apple hardware gal. I was having no problems using Limewire, and was so HOOKED on it. Since I have upgraded to the newest version (Limewire 2.5.5), I am unable to connect to the system at all.

I am running the basic Limewire version on an iBook loaded w/ Mac OS 9.2. I haven't had any known issues on the system (extensions and other have all seemed okay). The machine runs with an airport card thru an apple wireless hub connected to a surfboard modem (cable/dsl connection).

I am really clueless as to why I can't connect. The software loads and begins to count the number of files being shared as 174. The top window bar, however, reads "Limewire Running the Guntella Network (Disconnected/No Files Available)". When I choose "CONNECT" from the FILE menu, under the CONNECTIONS tab, I see...

router.limewire.com: 6--(status) Connecting--(protocol) 0.6

then nothing happens. The window where the router message was goes blank. When I return to the SEARCH tab, the number of shared files usually increases (like to 205) but the SEARCH (for music) button remains greyed out.

I tried a standard install, then an uninstall, then a CLEAN install (with extensions off/reboot). No luck.

Any tips?

Tracey (MsTraceyMc@onebox.com)