View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2002
Connoisseur

Krieger88 is flying high
Default experimental LimeWire with Jabber support

Quote:
I've been playing around with Jabber support a bit lately and I actually managed to integrate the Jabber API from Dashboard - Echomine into LimeWire.

The problem is, that the jabber library requires Java 1.3, so it won't run on MacOS (I switched from the com.sun.java.util.collections classes for compatibility reasons to java.util completely).

For those of you, who want to play around with it, i'm uploading the source code (3,696,874 bytes) to my tripod account:

http://mitglied.tripod.de/mdsgeist/limewire.zip

I didn't include some of LimeWire's .jar files (swing.jar, ui.jar, xerces.jar, QTJava.zip) which you will have to add, but apart from that, it should compile and run without problems. (user2user chats, instant messages, adding users to user panel, managing users into different groups should work - I didn't have any opportunity to test multi-user chats yet, but it should work, too).

The GUI is still a little ugly, the new code is messy (mostly without comments) and registering a new jabber account may be tricky.

LimeWire ask you to show the registering window twice, but only do so the first time. And after registering, you will have to set your jabber username & password in the options manually, if you want LimeWire to remember your account.

mfg
gregorio
from *email address removed*

Last edited by birdy; February 1st, 2008 at 06:48 PM.