Thread: Spanish version
View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2002
Enthusiast

igalan is flying high

Hi!

I did the translation . I know it's still not complete (I'm still working on it). I also know some words may not soung good to everyone ("fichero" vs "archivo", "vecino", "caudal" and some other words). We can discuss them, I'm open to suggestions.

Please, keep in mind this:

1.- First, I didn't do a blind translation using some translator. There is a lot of work behind this translation. And I did this work in little time so it was available when Shareaza 1.6.0.0 was released. I'm native, and I'm technical in computing (I mean that it's my job ) .

2.- There are some restrictions in a translation like this. First and more important is that English words are usually shorter, which means that many times you can't use the best word or sentence, because there isn't enough room... As simple as that.

3.- Some words have multiple transations in Spanish, and some others don't have any tranlsation at all...

Now:

Backmann: I accept your suggestion, I will use "archivo" instead of "fichero". "Repetir buscar" is not correct, I know, but on some places there wasn't room for "Repetir búsqueda" which is just a bit longer. I'll try to use this alway that's possible, or you prefer something like "Rep. búsqueda"?

Also, some parts of the program can't be translated like advanced options, some columns and a few more things.

Kath: Thanks for your commets But I'm not a professional translator! 8)

Ursula: Also thank you! I don't know what would I do without you