View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2002
Unregistered

I would like to thank the starter of this post for giving me another tool for file sharing. To be onest with you ive been using Direct connect for 4 days so far and basically For me it has everything that i need.

1. Can chat with other hosts
2. Browse function for every user
3. No stupid errors after 6 hrs of downloading to get at 89% and Limewire to decide O yea i cant move this to ure libraray so tough (most infuriating thing ever)
4. LOts and i mean LOTS more content i was very suprised when i first logged on at how much people was sharing and i was like wow and only just able to scrape 5gb of actual shareable files
5. No Requery (which doesnt work at ALL)

There are of course disadvantages:

1. No swarming (but about 5 times limewire has merged two files i.e evangelion episode 2 start download and when i come back its changed to evangelion episode 3 cause they was same size) obviously when i opened it just didnt work GRRRR

2.Not connected to multiple hosts (altho limewire hosts never seem to have anything i want at all unless i came across a Morpheous 1.8.... supernode which i have seen 4 times ( got 5 times more results than before connecting to it)

O well i suppose it did turn into a rant but im just saying ill keep limewire as a second backup P2p now and use Direct connect cause i find it much more useful sorry.

O yea Number 3 caused me to try DC because it was very annnoying and i thought well what chances of i actually getting things on limewire with all these stupid bugs ( i havent seen any of these bugs so far on DC probably are some but not as bad as LW)