View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2002
Connoisseur

rutro is flying high
Smile LimeWire vs. Shareaza??.... thoughts?, opinions?

Hi all....

Sorry for the long-winded post, but if you could bear with it, any opinions would be much appreciated.

I've been a LimeWire user now for about a month, I'm presently using version 2.5.5 Pro on a WIN XP Pro platform... So far, for the most part, I've been pleased....
I love:
- The clean, uncluttered look & function of the interface.
- The stability...(XP hasn't complained no matter how long I leave the app running).
- The lack of spyware & adware!!! A must in my book... wouldn't even consider a P2P client bundled with spyware & garbage!

I am however, quite dissappointed in the search results and the lack of robust network connectivity!! It seems obvious that LW favors connecting mostly to other LW peers, thus eliminating a signifigant portion of the network!!!

I've recently been reading about a relatively new P2P client named Shareaza! claiming to have the most robust features and network connectivity of any other Gnutella client!... This coming from users who have used many of the P2P clients!! Shareaza also claims to be void of spyware and ads... and is completely free!
So, given all of this... I'd have to admit that Shareaza certainly sounds like a very tempting alternative to LimeWire...

I haven't installed and experimented with Shareaza yet... but before I do, I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with Shareaza, and could give me some comparative, unbiased feedback / opinions.

Can Shareaza truly be all it is claimed to be... without any drawbacks???
Sounds too good to be true huh...

Thanks again for your time.

Last edited by rutro; September 13th, 2002 at 03:46 AM.