View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2002
Connoisseur

rutro is flying high
Wink Hey... let's take a calm pill

OK.... well so much for hoping that the members of this board could be solicited for unbiased, non-derogatory, constructive opinions....
From the "tone" of Krieger's response, I see this person has choosen a somewhat combative reply, and obviously completely missed the point!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Krieger88

LimeWire is not eliminating any portion of the network at all. LimeWire's connection preferencing is very subtle and does not harm your search results at all since it will still connect to other hosts. Robust network connectivity is not an issue.
Well.... I only questioned the robust connectivity issue because I rarely see connections other than LW!!... just an occasional Morpheus or Gnucleus connection. Therefore it seems to me, that if a number of the other peers are being bypassed, the full potential of the network is not being utilized.
Yes, I agree that LW will connect to other peers, but I don't believe the rest of the above quote is 100% correct!

Quote:
Did it occur to you, that there is actually a Shareaza forum here? If you want to ask about Shareaza you have certainly come to the wrong place.
Yes... I realize a Shareaza forum exists... but if you understood my post, I was not asking specifically about Shareaza! Did I not say I was a pleased LimeWire user? My purpose was not to badmouth LimeWire.... as I see many others on this board doing so frequently! I merly was looking for comparative pro/con opinions of both clients from other LW users who may have also experienced both.

Perhaps I did come to the wrong place.... maybe I would have received a more cordial and diplomatic reply if I had posted this on the Shareaza forum.

Last edited by rutro; September 13th, 2002 at 03:47 AM.