View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2002
Unregistered

Angry

Absolutely.

Big fan of Xolox (swore by it). Forced all my friends at gunpoint to go and get it when it started up again. I stuck with it as long as I could. I would be visiting my friends and see that they had switched to another file sharing app and I would say "Where's your Xolox man?". To which they (over a dozen different people) would reply "Oh I got rid of that piece a while back. " All advanced compter users (sys admins, programmers etc.).

It suddenly dawned on me that people in general do not care one way or the other as long as they get their FILES. None of them cared about spyware, banners (although nobody liked pop-up ads), anonymity, ease of use, GUI.

None of these things mattered (even to veteran users). What mattered? If they selected a file to download, they got it. That was IT.

To this day they mass exodus to where ever this requirement is met. I know a couple guys that install 5 and 6 fileshare apps and hop from one to the next UNTIL they "GET THEIR FILE".

After a while now I am beginning to give in to the herd mentallity.

It seems everyone I know gets their files, and here I am a shmuck who cares and I hardly ever get any of mine.

It just wore me out the months of trying to download files and having it sit there, nothing (even thru upgrades). Or the constant error messages.

What can you do accept go with the flow and when Xolox gets it together come back around? Believe me when something WORKS, people flock to it like they are FASTNET. They JUST WANT THEIR FILES.