View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2002
Gnutella Veteran

bad_vlad is flying high

I regularly use both shareaza and LW and don't think its at all easy to say which is best - shareaza is clean fast and in my experience yields the wider range of search results - on the other hand LW is very stable, well designed and yields just as many succesful downloads

shareaza has some very cute features such as the "hit monitor" screen which shows all the "close but not exact" search matches which has led to some very fine discoveries and the "search again" option which doesn't clear the previous search results the way LW does

on the other hand - the latest versions of shareaza has even more slippery ultrapeer connections than LW which can be very irritating at times - but - on the other hand the ultrapeers shareaza connects to are very much more diverse than those LW connects to (hence the wider range of search results I guess - I never realised just how many p2p clients existed)

downloads are possibly marginally faster with shareaza (for me on a dial-up anyway) than is the case with LW and I definetly find the requery/reconnect function better in shareaza

on the other hand - LW has a stability and reliability that is not quite there yet with shareaza

sooooo - I keep using them both - they seem the pick of the bunch to me and even though I think shareaza is a strong contender - my "desert island" choice is still LW

so thats my 2 cents worth - bad_vlad

PS - love the fish/file animation Peerless