View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2002
Unregistered

I've noticed the same thing. The few days that I ran XP, it worked like a champ, but I didn't like XP, so I went back to 98SE and Gnotella didn't run so good anymore. I just did a fresh install of Win-ME and tried to run Gnotella, but after a while it started doing strange crap. First, it did it's usual "lag" like it was out of CPU, even though I have a FC-PGA Coppermine at 1013MHz... any other program didn't seem to show any CPU lag. Then Gnotella started connecting to more than 8 hosts (my set limit), so I told it not to connect any more hosts (after disallowing incoming connections.) Even then, it still reached over 20 connections. By this time Gnotella was so bogged down that I hit the X and came to this site to look for a new client. I saw the poll and decided I was going to get the most popular client. I think by the time I finished downloading Shareaza 1.6, Gnotella might have shut down. Now I've been running Shareaza for several hours with no problems. Gnotella would usually crash after about 2 or 3 hours. No wonder it was discontinued.