Thread: Error Of Type 2
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2002
Connoisseur

Julie Z is flying high

Lou,

I use 2.4.4 and only had the problem when I first installed it until I increased the memory. Sometimes the CarbonLib extension can cause these types of problems. You need to make sure you have the correct version. The newer one's cause more conflicts. Not sure if it affects LimeWire. I know it does affect Quicken, for one.

Do you have a 68000 microprocessor? Those were in the older computers, I thought. This is what I find for OS 9 and what is in my Mac book: (Of course, it doesn't answer the question as to why you're still having the problem.)

TITLE

Mac OS 9: Error Messages 1, 2, and 3
Article ID:
Created:
Modified: 50565
3/5/02
3/5/02
------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPIC

This article explains error messages 1, 2, and 3.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSSION

The number codes in error messages are used in software development. The codes are usually too general or technical in nature to help you diagnose a problem yourself.

However, sometimes number codes can help a technician narrow down the source of a problem. When an error occurs, it's a good idea to make a note of the number code in case you need to refer to it later.

Type 1, 2, and 3 errors

Type 1, 2, and 3 errors indicate that your computer has run out of memory. You need to make more memory available.

This document contains information from Help Center, the help system included with your computer.

Here's the link

Last edited by Julie Z; September 19th, 2002 at 11:53 AM.