View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2002
Unregistered

Default Similar Problem

I have a Powerbook G3 running OS 10.2 and Limewire 2.6. I'm connected to the Internet via Airport, attached to a cable modem.

For months, i was able to share hundreds of files simply by opening port 6346 in the built-in Airport firewall and directing it to the local IP address of my machine, 10.0.1.3. It worked great.

After a recent OS 10.1 security update, though, it all stopped cold. Not a single upload, and instead of the network connection keeping the machine awake, it would go to sleep after the 5 minutes I had set up. At the same time, I had updated the Airport Base Station software, so I'm not really sure what happened.

Something changed, and I've tried everything I can think of to fix the problem. I'm quite certain that all my settings are entered correctly (despite what the snotty lady at Limewire said).

Has anyone else had trouble with this? Do I need to turn file sharing on in the OS X control panel? I don't think I should have to, but I don't know what else to do. Gnutella needs content, but I can't share and that sucks.