View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2002
Novicius

godbug is flying high

The fact that this practice is limited only to "Limeshop" or the free version of Limewire does not justify its underhanded nature.

I am a supporter of Limewire (I paid for the pro version and use it regularly). I know that the offending software is not installed on my machine. I don't care.

Unless Limewire either:
1. fully refutes these claims and proves them false, or
2. explains their extreme lapse in judgment & makes concrete plans for preventing future breaches of ethical conduct, I (and many others, I suspect) will be converted from a believer in this company into a crusader against it.

Limewire must speak up immediately on this issue.

Also, Limewire's investors can hardly be thrilled by Lime staff members making such statements to the press. A company striving for legitimacy within and differentiation from a field of software-makers who are largely seen as simply piracy-enablers would be wise to get its story straight for the press.

It's time to quit acting like dorm-room developers and figure out how to make a workable business plan that doesn't involve skimming off of someone else's plate, and to talk about your software without having to say "we're running a scam".

Either *********hour is over, or this company's days are numbered.

I hope Limewire survives.

Last edited by godbug; September 27th, 2002 at 01:35 PM.