View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2001
Unregistered

I have a T-1 connection at work but I still only set my uploads to 1 per person and 5 uploads overall. I have my bandwidth slider set to 30% (which at T-1 speed still isn't bad). The problem with setting your uploads per person higher than 1 is that there seems to be an awful lot of idiots who will download the same file over and over again, or 2 or 3 copies of the same file at the same time. I'm not greedy, I share all of my files, but I'll be damned if I'm letting some moron waste my bandwidth because he can't figure out that he's already downloaded that song successfully, so he keeps trying to get it again and again. And believe me, this is not an isolated incident - it happens every day. I mean c'mon people, LimeWire might be a little harder to use than Napster was, but it's not brain surgery. I also block browser users and "freeloaders" (people who aren't sharing any files themselves) from downloading from me. Let these greedy *******s get their mp3s somewhere else. If everyone decided to be like that there would be no more LimeWire. I think everyone needs to remember that.