View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2002
Downloader extraordinar!!

RealBigSwede is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by bpmax

There is no "list" of products to boycott. RBS's point is to boycott ALL sales period. I'm not sure it's gonna do a whole lot of good. Cuz I actually see evidence of the record companies taking things to heart recently. Take for instance... Epic records... selling off their hottest rock release in ages, Chev#lle... for $5.99 - $6.99US this coming week. I think they are beginning to realize that if prices were reasonable, us folks would not even be here on these programs and on these forums.

I, for instance, have all of the music already downloaded... but know that the quality of the CD will be so far superior, that I will be the first to stand in line tomorrow... now that I know what the whole album consists of by downloading lesser quality versions on Gnutella.

Another example of that the music industry should consider filesharing as a free advertising machine. Perhaps Epic does indeed see this... already knowing that opening week sales are going to be phenominal.

Prayer: May this be a sign that they are finally getting the hint!
Riiiight, bpmax.
Hopefull ALL of them will follow Epic. But, don't hold your breath. I think it is only a ploy because of the court case, I'm can not see this slimy gready ppl to change the style. Ontill they do, Boycott them all!!! I think everybody should start a campain of e-mailing RIIA, with so many e-mail that they computer can't handle and wright letter to them to express out anger and discusst over their price fixing and rip off of consumer.
Let me know WHAT YOU THINK.. and lets keep the presure on them (RIIA). And if you find an artist that expressing his/her discusst over RIIA lets suport him/her by helping them with advertisment on the net and by buying direct from them.
WE CAN EVEN SETUP AN WEBSITE WITH NAME AND E-MAIL ADDESS on where we can buy and where to send our e-mail.