View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2002
vilma76

Unhappy HELP - I CAN'T CONNECT!

I've been using XoloX since the version which came before 1.21, (tried the 1.21 also). Now I'm up to version 1.31 build 379, before 1.31 XoloX ran smoothly on my Windows ME, IE 6 (SP1), ZoneAlarmPro, Norton AV 2003. I connect to the internet through Verizon Online DSL (adsl)/WinPPPoverEthernet ver.2/build 20010104 & my Intel PRO/100 VE (PROSet II) Desktop Connection. Before installing 1.31/#379 I uninstalled all previous versions, deleted the XoloX registry key AND all progem files which had been left behind by previous versions, rebooted THEN installed. Here are the errors I've been receiving:
1.) On start-up, instead of saying "Connecting to the Gnutella Network" (or whatever it used to say...) on the bottom of the main XoloX window it says: "Can't connect to port #6346" which then turns into "Working offline". See here:

and here:

2.) About once or twice (hasn't happened in a while) an Internet Explorer Script Error window pops up with this weird error message, this is what it looks like:
3.) Finally, giving up - I exit from the program to get the following two error boxes (oddly, the first of these pops-up twice-go figure!). Check out #1 here:

and #2 here:

I also have iMesh (which works even with all the spyware, hijackware removed-thank you Ad-Aware!). And yes, I've given XoloX full server permission through the firewall, although I do use the ZoneAlarm Pro to disable web-bugs & block all the ads it can. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

yours truly,

vilma76

ps: what's up with all the advertising guys? not cool man, totally NOT cool!