View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2002
Unregistered

I have the same problem where Limewire 2.6.3 running on OS X 10.2.1 forgets preferences and starts up with the startup wizard that assumes that this is the first time Limewire is being run.

I have a bit of additional detail regarding this problem. My Mac has one admin account (me), and 2 other non-admin accounts. When I installed Limewire from my admin account (into the applications folder), things work perfectly and there are no problems with vanishing preferences. However, when one of the non-admin accounts use Limewire, everytime they quit the application, when Limewire is restarted is behaves like it is being started for the first time.

I looked in the library in the user's folder and in the Preferences folder I found the preferences file for Limewire. I reset the privilages for this file so that it belonged to that user and gave the group and everybody read and write privilages. Nice idea, but it didn't make a difference.

Is there anybody from Limewire that monitors this forum so we might get an answer?

Paul S.