View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2002
Novicius

eronca is flying high
Angry Installer error message on LW Pro, Basic, & Beta

I've sent 9 messages to your tech svc. dept requesting help on the installer error message that I, and many others from what I read, are receiving. It says it's not a fatal error, but after the message shows and I try to start LW pro, it runs very slowly. I have a G-4 with 1.5 GB ram and T-1 cable connection, and an ATI Radeon 8500 Video Graphics Card w/64MB of VRAM. Please, don't say it's my computer. The old program ran almost flawlessly. I installed a new 80GB HD w/8MB of backside cache, and I didn't save all of the files prior to replacing it. I downloaded the newest "Pro" version from your site and have had nothing but problems with it since. Also, the old installer said LimeWire Pro v. 2.6.3, while the new one doesn't mention that it is "Pro" version. Makes me wonder if we are being given the basic version with the commercials removed and told it's a "Pro" version. It seems very strange. Also, your ad says that for upgrading to "Pro" we would receive "prompt personal tech svc. supt." as a part of our investment into your software. I don't believe having to send 10 messages to you and still not receiving so much as an acknowledgement is "prompt personal tech svc." I would appreciate hearing back from someone in your tech dept. and advising me of any "fix" that you've developed. It would be nice to just hear something back that you're aware of this problem and are working on it. Something, Anything! Ignoring paying clients isn't going to make you or your software very popular. Please have the courtesy to respond to this issue as soon as possible. Ron Ward, Austin, TX.