View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2002
Disciple

ckyFan is flying high
Default In the Queue???

I haven't yet DL'd this new version because I'm a bit curious about the 'QUEUE' feature.

Where do we stand with users running the previous version without this feature? If they are NOT to be queued when making a request, as we with the new version are, then how does the newer version prioritize the queue for a request. Seems to me that the new version could keep me waiting in line longer than average if there are users that can override a queue. If I'm not misstaken, that's why this feature has been added in the first place so that users don't bombard the network with multiple requests.

During my usage of LimeWire 2.6, for example, if get a 'requery' result all I do is search for the exact same content again and, low and behold, as soon as my search finds that file, the requeried file starts downloading. In so doing this, aren't I skipping in line through other requests and pushing my request through?

If this is not the case, then can someone please explain the default parameters during this scenario? In other words, how are these 2.6 requests prioritized within our new queue function?

CkyFan