View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2002
Connoisseur

Treatid is flying high
Default Chris:

LimeWire is exhibiting same/similar problems as before.

I've left it running so I can try out any fiddling you might suggest.

Situation:

I have around 400 files in my download queue. One file is actually downloading - it claims from 4 hosts.

The speed is shown as a rock solid 13.4KB/s and the countdown timer is decrementing at about a second per refresh.

Looking at the file in the incomplete folder - it is growing - so the download is happening.

My uploads are also showing a constant number of KB/s (but the variation there is usually less anyway). The countdown timers (on the four files currently being uploaded) are decrementing at between 1 second/refresh and 3 seconds/refresh - extremely consistent - no jumping of a few minutes as I would normally expect - the variation in countdown times is /across/ the uploads - each individual upload has a very consistent rate of decrement).

I am able to start new downloads (search for a file - put it in my download queue and a couple have started downloading). They are definitely downloading - I can look in the incomplete folder and they are growing at an appreciable rate - BUT they are shown as downloading at 0KB/s - no time to completion shown.

I think processor usage is more than normal - but it isn't extremely obvious - I have a suspicion that it will get more pronounced over time.

I have tried setting my number of connections to zero and removing all the active connections - this made no difference to the behaviour reported above.

I haven't tried removing either uploads or downloads from the relevant queue yet.

My downloads.dat file is currently 3,280 KB. (9 files added to the download queue since my last report - as detailed above, two of these are the new downloads I started).

Mark