Thread: Beaten to death
View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2002
Unregistered

Default Beaten to death

Okay, so I know it seems beaten to death to keep it up with the questions about not being able to connect--but then again, this is the forum for connection problems so here I go. But keep in mind I'm a virgin to these forums, so don't stone me if I say something idiotic. Like aforementioned by many people, Limewire just seemed to stop connecting a few days ago for me. Actually, for some strange reason, Limewire works around 4:00 am then stops working around 9:00 am. I thought that my problem lay in having a firewall, but forcing my IP makes no difference. Also, as I said, Limewire was working fine up until a few days ago, so my college probably doesn't care. I've downloaded probably every version of Limewire, so I doubt that my problem lies in which version I use. I know I may seem a bit ravenous. However, since I'm a Mac user (pouts), this is essentially my only option. I have an decrepid 333 MHz iMac (about 3 years old) with a G3 processor. Don't laugh. I'm on a school network connection, but I don't think that has anything to do with my problem. I don't think someone would just randomly block Limewire (or would they?). Any Mac users here that can attest? No...? Boy, tough crowd. Is there any special rule that I don't know about that prevents Limewire from working? For instance, someone told me that one must share at least 3 files for Limewire to work. I share over 300 files--at least that's what the screen says even though I'm not connected--for days at a time and I can't download anything for myself. I have no problem with sharing; I just wish I could get something myself. Also, is there any way I can change my firewall settings outside of Limewire, like downloading any sort of application? Now that I have told you my jeremiad, I humbly ask for someone's assistance. Please? I'll give you punch and cookies! By the way, I don't know if it's selfish to start an entirely new thread for this, so if it is, my humblest apologies.