View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2002
Devotee

cmcnulty is flying high

Peerless, first of all, I don't know where you get off assuming how much I know about Linux. I have installed Linux and I've got LimeWire running on it.

Concerning the post that you call a Flame, let me ask you this. If someone was having problem installing MS Word on their Windows computer, would you suggest that they install a Mac Emulator and then try to install MS Word for Mac on top of the emulator? No, of course not, that would be ridiculously complicated and would probably cause more problems. And yet that's what you advocated this person do who couldn't get LimeWire running on thier Linux box. Furthermore, you advocated this having NEVER done it yourself, but simply on the advice of some friend of yours who thinks it might be possible.

I did provide helpful advice in that thread. I told them to ignore your post, because it was stupid advice. I didn't have a solution to their problem, but I wanted to make sure they didn't follow your incredibly bad advice. In that post, I didn't call you stupid, nor have I ever. I did however call you advice stupid and ignorant which it definitely was.

I like LimeWire and I come here to both give and ask for helpful advice. It ****** me off when people like you feel the need to try to help everyone that posts, even when you clearly don't know what you're talking about. You can call it whatever you want, but if you keep posting stupid advice, I'm going to keep telling people that it's dumb, and to ignore it.

CM