View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2002
Unregistered

Thumbs up I found an answer for me!

I was having the pref forgeting problem too, soooo I read all the stuff on the forum. not too much help but I did see something in a post about a dir, that was named the same as the pref file needed to be named, so, I started mucking around in the hidden stuff and I seemed to get it to work, NOW I haven't restarted my machine (an ibook) so it still may forget my settings on restart, but since I usually only put it to sleep it works for now even if i still have to do the wizard only after restarts, which remains to be seen, heres how I did it (Its not my fault if you muck up your own system, try at your own risk)

1. I used a program called tinker tool (can be found at, www.apple.com the osx downloads section, versiontracker.com, tucows.com, etc.) to enable me to see hidden files,
2. I went to ~/library/preferences/.limeware (~ means your home dir)
3. I deleted the limeware.props directory (you may want to move it to say the desktop at first to see if it works on your system)
4. I started up limewire and it created a limeware.props FILE in that location and its been ok since, like I said I haven't restarted my mac yet though

I alls read of someone trying to use limeware for multiple users with this problem, my install is in my home app dir but for multiy user installs I'd guess that you would have to apply this "fix" to each users home library dir, and possably create a .limeware dir in the system library dir. I dunno but its worth trying if you need multiple people to use it, I don't, so once again try it at your own risk, hope this helps someone

btw machine/software
ibook (late 2001) 600mhz 256mb ram
os x 10.1.5
limeware 2.7.3