View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2002
Bob

Default DON'T BUY until "Java" is fixed or response!

To all,
Excuse me if I miss the logic here, I'm supposed to pay for something that does not work? I think the idea is, if something works, then maybe you can sell it. Next up, if you write something that is not working and people take their time to write with feedback, perhaps it would be a good idea to have someone monitor your own forum and respond. Having the same "Java" problem that has gone unanswered here, and I have pasted the "non-response" I got via e-mail. Seems a product like LimeWire, needs to have as many people using it to keep the "network" growing, they are doing an injustice to their own product, not very smart! I'll try it again in six months, maybe by then they will have read some of these posts and addressed them.
Bob.

---------------- A short idea of the problem, pasted below -----------

I did not say I purchased it, thought your company "needed" feedback, so I took part of my time to write. Seems you could have responded with some "help", rather then asking me questions, especially considering all the people that I see that have the same exact problem and left messages on your "forum website",that all seem to go unanswered. Maybe if the product worked and the support was better I would consider buying it. With that said, just today, you have version 2.7.3, this installed, next time I ran it I got the same error message I wrote about, see below. So the program will no longer work.

If you have any advice and would like further feedback, you can write me at this address.

Good luck with the product.
Bob.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

on 11/7/02 4:15 PM, Zenzele T. Bell at zbell@limewire.com wrote:

> Which email address did you use to purchase LimeWire Pro? The above
> email address is not in the LimeWire Pro database.
>
> Thanks,
> Zenzele
>
> Bob wrote:
>
>> Tech. Support Dept.,
>>
>> Downloaded, and "unzipped" Limewire 2.7 for Mac OSX. Click on the installer
>> icon, get the following WARNING message dialog box:
>>
>> "CANNOT LAUNCH JAVA APPLICATION" - The main class "com.zerog.lax.LAX" could
>> not be loaded.
>>
>> Must QUIT, program cannot install!
>>
>>
>> Using OS 10.2.1 "Jaguar", and have Internet Explorer 5.2.2 installed.
>>
>> I've read Limewire and Java do not get along. Is this issue being addressed
>> in a newer version?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>>
>> .
>>
>>
>>
>