View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2002
_eLeCtRiFyInG MeMbRr_

nDiScReEt is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Ahem... I am not sure that you read *all* my original posting. If you did, you would see that removing kaffe resulted in a different error.
I didn't mean to insult or offend. I meant no disrespect but I assumed that you followed the link "The Solution to All Install Problems". Because then you would know that the error you received after removing kaffe is only because you didn't configure your system properly for limewire to work. This may be due to a typo if you had followed the instructions correctly. I have Linux Mandrake 9.0 and Linux Mandrake 9.1 (C ooker) and limewire runs great off of both. Another instruction that I should add to the link mentioned above is a command line fix to immediately use the changes to your profile. It is a long story to explain but much easier to just show:

source .bash_profile

Run that command after making all necessary changes to your .bash_profile and it should work if there is no typo.

After running the above command, type this command to make certain that your system is configured correctly:

which java

If that points to your preferred installed java directory, then all is well with runnig limewire.
HTH

altoine