View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2002
Apprentice

AngelusExodus is flying high
Thumbs up I Found An Answer For Me! Part 2

Hi, I posted the "i found an answer for me" post, I got registered today, I'm glad to see that someone found the post helpful and found tinker tool on apples site. I saw a post by one chap that said he trashed a preferance file and it still didn't work, it's not a preference file your looking to delete, its a directory (folder in mac terms) that has the same name as the preference file that limewire needs to create, and because that directory is there it can't make the pref file. the exact name of the folder is, limewire.props its the folder you need to delete BUT its located in a hidden folder so you need tinker tool or the terminal to get to it, the limwire.props folder lives at this location ~~~> /users/(your home dir)/library/preferences/.limewire/limewire.props
after I deleted it I have had smooth sailing, but once again try this work around at your own risk. Another thing I'm not using jag but the other mate that posted that it worked for him was (using 10.2) so all I can say is you might not have delete the right thing, hope this helps

also someone asked for system vitals

ibook 600mhz 256mb ram
os x 10.1.5 (i got the ibook with 10.1 and gone through all updates to 10.1.5)
limewire 2.7.3 (free version)
any other system vitals just let me know, I do use a few system hacks (clear dock, diffrent startup panels, nothing that would affect limewire though)

X

Last edited by AngelusExodus; November 9th, 2002 at 06:03 PM.