View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2002
BearShare Mod

linuxrocks is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by maksik
Nope, you missed my point: BS clients CAN download files from the rest of gnutella network, but other clients, like Gnucleus, Gtk-Gnutella, Mutella and I guess more CANNOT download files from BS back. This way the BS subnet in gnutella-net is nothing else than a bunch of freeriders, because they do not share files back to the whole of Gnutella but still consume upload slots. Typical freeriding, nothing else!

With this regard, I propose not to bann them from the net completely, no, but rather just stop sharing files to them. I do realise that it's difficult to do and that if really major clients go for that than the next release of BS will replace User-Agent header in it's download request... but still, something HAS TO BE DONE! This kind of behaviour is just antisocial!
No, BearShare has limited downloading and uploading capability with the rest of the Gnutella network. In a normal BearShare session, the amount of non-BearShare clients in the horizon may only be 5-10%. This makes it hard for BearShare to find and download / upload files to non-BearShare clients.