View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2002
Unregistered

Default Feature suggestions...

1. The ability to specify a search "Any type except audio." In fact, the ability to perform an "Any type" search that excludes one or more other types would be great!

2. Indicate the file size, progress, and estimated time of completion of uploads too.

3. Include the ability to refresh the treeview in the Files section. Currently, if I move/remove/rename shared folders the change in my folder structure isn't updated in the Files treeview until I restart Xolox. You can have the refresh performed implicitly, as it is when files are added/moved/deleted.

4. I would like the ability not to share my downloads folder. I would perfer to screen each file that I download before I make it available for uploading. As a temporary alternative, I have written a small app to automatically move downloaded files to a non-shared folder when they become available.

5. Add a time/date stamp columns to the Download transfers listview so the user can tell when the download was first queued and when the last time any downloading on the file was performed. This can be an "extended view" feature of the listview (some people might not care for this information), or the info could be included in a tooltip for each row in the listview (assuming the listview control you are using supports row-specific tooltips).

6. Add a "File Type" column in the Download transfers listview like you have in the Search listview. Again, this can be an "extended view" feature of the listview to help people find files downloaded for queuing.

7. Being able to search (find first/find next) for strings in the FileName column would be a big help too in finding specific files in the downloads and search listviews.

That's all for now.