View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2002
Apprentice

AngelusExodus is flying high

sberlin and recherchemp3, hi I'm not too concerned with how or why that folder is created, I was just posting those questions & answers to mr. fisk, one of the developers thats helping to sort this thing out from the development end. If you came here looking for a solution because your having this forgetfulness in your limewire app, look back in the posts for a post titled "I found an answer for me!!" I posted it before I registered, it describes a fix for osx users. A few people posted it worked when they tryed it and one said it didn't, so try at your own risk, but it worked for me. I dunno are you both using osx 10.1.5/10.2 or another os? maybe its just a problem when they compile the program for the mac. anyway the fix basicly is you delete the directory named limewire.props so the program can make its prefs file named limewire.props I don't know what the folder does other then mess up the apps ability to remember the prefs, I deleted it and now my app works fine. It remembers all prefs and seems to have no side effects. My guess is that someone had a compiler option checked that shouldn't have been or they were supposed to have the limewire.props file in a directory named limewire.props but forgot to change the bit of source code that writes/access the limewire.props file to reflect the new prefs storage scheme, those are just my guesses though, an app like limewire is way out of my league but maybe my ideas are some things the developers can check on or at least maybe it will help them to look at the problem from a diffrent angle, more eyes are always better to see things with.
oh and if your questions and ideas were also directed to our developer friends and not ideas/answers to my last post please ignore all my chatter, I just assumed you guys/girls thought I was confused and were trying to help me sort out my limewire, well I am confused but my app works good. but thanks either way for speaking up to help (me or the developers).

X