View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2002
Enthusiast

funkymarcus is flying high
Thumbs up Nice! How about this metadata problem?

Adam-

Thanks for the quick confirmation.

Having figured that out, I looked at another problem I had been having. When LimeWire couldn't write to its application directory, I found that it wasn't reading or sharing any file metadata, like bitrates and ID3 tags. Now that I've allowed LimeWire write access (my workaround until everything moves to the home directory), I'm finding that it shares some of this metadata, but not always all of it.

I notice that each time I quit and start LimeWire, the /Applications/LimeWire/lib/xml/data/audio.sxml is rewritten. However, its size fluctuates. If the onlly thing I do is quit and start LimeWire, making no changes to any settings or shared files, the size changes after each run. For example, I just ran LimeWire four times, and wound up with sizes 176053, 48792, and 23147, and 34821. On another computer, I ran it twice, and had 91256 and 176946. Both computers are sharing the same set of files. When audio.sxml is smaller, and I browse from another computer, I find that fewer shared files have bitrate and ID3 metadata available. No matter how long I let LimeWire run, this doesn't change - the only solution is to quit and restart.

Any ideas on that one?

Mark