Thread: Read this!!!
View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2001
Unregistered

Default Read this!!!

This is a re-post cause I don't think this is being called to everyone''s attention as is should be....

This is just a comment, no one need respond, though I am sure some of you will. I remember seeing a thread a few days ago having to do with how much we would normally allow for uploads from our computers. The default, as you all should know, is 50%. THIS OPTION IS NOT HELPFUL TO ANYONE, AND SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT. The reason behind my opinion is that, in effect, since most of us limewire users probably leave it at 50%, or even change it to a lower percentile, we are dooming ourselves to slow downloads across the board. Say, mine is set at 50%, and I am downloading a file from anothers who also has theirs set to 50%. A person is also downloading from me. See, even though I am saving bandwidth by not allowing my uploads to consume as much, my downloads are slower because everyone else has their upload bandwidth set low. So, in reality, nothing is being saved at all. This option is just causing slower downloads for everyone, and should be removed in future versions of limewire.