View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2002
Unregistered

Angry Can not share files

I just installed the latest version of Limeware. I already have Shareaza running, but I figured since Limeware has open source, I would give it a try.

However, I find I can not share many of my folders. I can select the folders for sharing, but they either don't show-up on my filelist, or they show up as empty.

i.e. I'm trying to share three folders:

d:\My Shared Files\MUSIC
d:\My Shared Files\Doctor Who
d:\My Shared Files\Certified

These are files I already share with both Shareaza and Kazaa Lite.

If I include the MUSIC folder, it shows up, along with all of the songs in the folder, but the other two folders do not appear in my list at all.

If I do not include the music folder, then the Doctor Who and Certified folders show-up, but as empty folders with the exception of the subfolder entry for Metadata.

I thought maybe it was a problem with AVI extensions not being listed, but I tried adding those with no success. Perhaps the problem is related to special characters in the filenames??? In theory, that should not be a problem, but there are always the potential for bugs. I do not want to rename the files since that would cause problems with those sharing the files with the same name I downloaded them with.

Bill