View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2002
Unregistered

Basic 2.7.9 gave me the same terminal error as before. I was using 2.7.4 (I think) and when I installed a version right after that... that's when things went haywire. I think the installer did more damage than just to the LW itself. I was unable to reinstall 2.7.4 (or any later releases) without getting the missing class dialog. I had to go back to 2.7.3 and even though it "works", I have to go through the install wizard everytime. I've tried every version I can find, including downloading from different sources and other dopey fixes that folks have suggested. I know someone posted a workaround for eliminating the reoccuring wizard, unfortunately I didn't back up the necessary file. I'm sure reinstalling my system folder would correct the damage, but I'm not doing that for a filesharing app. The gripe about Pro users telling Basic users to quit whining is silly, why pay for a Beta? I think releasing every buggy little version to VT is a mistake. I think Mozilla realeases nightly builds, but they only post tried and true updates to VT. Most users don't have the patience to troubleshoot/read these forums and probably just delete LW for good. I've been using LW forever and even though it's got tons of problems, I'll keep giving it chances until they get it right... then I'll pay for it. Well I guess I'm stuck with 2.7.3 and the wizard until I need to do major maintenance to my system. And when that time comes I won't be religiously installing every stupid version, this dog only needs to be smacked once.