View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2002
Gnutella Muse

sdsalsero is flying high

That's the whole point -- you know what the changes are but we (the unbathed masses) don't. And, now that you mention it, I've tried twice to subscribe to the mailto:announce-subscribe@limewire.org mailing-list and it keeps failing. It sends me the initial "Please reply to this" message but then, no matter how I do the reply, it always comes back "invalid account."

And, Yes, I have seen many many many other complaints posted here about the lack of info re version changes. I've even complained via the LimeWire-Pro tech support email, so they know that their paying supporters want it... they just can't manage to get it together.

I just tried it again (3rd time now) using my home email instead of my office. In response to my confirmation/reply message it says, "Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the
announce@limewire.org mailing list. Oops, that confirmation number appears to be invalid."

Christ, I tried replying to the "invalid" message and now it worked! So, now the question becomes: Are the changes (and new sub-version releases) announced on the Announce list?

Last edited by sdsalsero; November 19th, 2002 at 06:45 PM.