Thread: Read this!!!
View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2001
Unregistered

Maybe so, but one person's upload is another's download. I have a cable modem and I get speed's from anywhere between 5KB/s to 100KB/s. Now, as far as the regular ol' dial ups are concerned, I'm sure I can speak for everyone here with a high speed connection (which seems to be most of us, unless everyone is lying) that unless forced into an absolutely desperate situation I will never download from a dial up. And dial up is one thing as far as the uploads. That right there should say they probably don't have to worry about getting too many uploads at a time. I, on the other hand, along with others experience no lag in browsing when downloading numerous songs. So I, along with others, have no reason to set my allowance low, and neither do most of us on here. Take a look the next time you do a search. How many regular modems do you see? I bet even from the ones you do see, some of them are lying purposefully to discourage uploading from them. It all stems right back to the "take take take" attitude that seems to run rampant on this board. People complain about the downloads being too slow on limewire, but then when the time comes to set that allowance, what do they do? I think we all know the answer.