Thread: Na-a-ah
View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2002
Valued Member contributor

LeeWare is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

"For me anyway is to find an alternative to this CHEESEY program.
Some of the files I download don't even show up in the "Shared"
file. They don't exist even though LameWire shows the progress
of the download and shows "complete" when it's finished.

But that's only one in a large group of bugs. I've read the FAQ
bought the Pro version and tried the support route in vain.

I AM SORRY I PURCHASED PRO

Babu Faquir

Caveat Emptor"
==========quote from your previous post===============

This will be the last constructive response you will receive for your posts on this forum!

The issues you raise in your posts again, are not necessarily LimeWire problems but just like yourself, people are more interested in getting things from the network than they are contributing to the network. As a result people connect to the network download a couple things and then disconnect-- this is without regards to anyone who might be uploading from them. (there's nothing anybody can do about this.)

Now, depending on the type of content you try to download media companies have contracts with companies to put up servers with modified clients these clients, use a variety of methodologies to frustrate a potential downloader. This can include partial download, corrupt files or simply completely bogus files.

After considering these things- and you decide that Limewire is still the problem. You are free to use alternative products. There are many alternatives to LimeWire but, I am willing to speculate that you will have similar problems elsewhere.

good luck-hope this helps.