Thread: Corrupt Files
View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2002
Novicius

Limpet is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by LeeWare
Please read the following thread if your want information. However if you just want to vent you can ignore the information.

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...ht=Bogus+files
Thank you for the information, but it really wasn't helpful as I have tried a few things, including resume, to try to download these files successfully.

The funny thing about this is that LimeWire never had this problem prior to a specific version of its software (the version # escapes me, but I remember other posts at the time saying "wazzup with this new version?").

I just loaded BearShare 4.1.0 and successfully downloaded, on the FIRST ATTEMPT, two of the same exact songs that I was having an issue with on LimeWire. It is their software, and I wish everyone would stop making excuses about "bad burns" and the music industry lacing posts with bogus files... it is LimeWire that is bogus, period.

In addition, BearShare rocks with speed... getting 2 songs via cable in less than 60 secs is what I expect and used to achieve with LimeWire.

It is a shame, I still prefer their interface... maybe I will check back in with it after a few more versions are released.