View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2002
_eLeCtRiFyInG MeMbRr_

nDiScReEt is flying high
Default Re: Re: Can't find libc.so.6 (Repost)

Quote:
Originally posted by mrbucket666
i have the same exact problem with suse 8.1 :S
Rex forgot to mention that you would have to create that link in the actual directory where libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 is located. What Rex is doing is providing a link to the old libc6.1-1.so.2 as that is no longer seen libstdc++2.10-2.96-0.80mdk for my mandrake package which is actually symlinked to /usr/lib/libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so.

To find out where your libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so is located type this command:

whereis libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so

find that and then symlink it like this to keep symlinks to a minimum (ie to avoide a symlink to a symlink that is symlinked to an actual file) follow these instructions;

First, go to the directory where the whereis program located your file and then type:

ls -l libstdc++*

we type this command to check to see if the symlink:

libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.2

isn't already present. If it isn't then create the symlink:

ln -s libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.2

Thank you Rex for posting the solution to the Suse 8.1 runtime issue with glibc-type error messages when trying to execute limewire after a successful install, as I couldn't since I had to remove Suse 8.1 to reconfigure my development box.

altoine

This should help you. I would post it to my solutions but it has two maybe three things that make it a no-no:

1. It is specific only to that distribution and version (Suse 8.1 only).

2. It is too advanced to discuss as an added step, especially when you see reason #1.

3. I didn't get approval from Rex to post his solution as an added option for Suse 8.1 users. I could assume it was ok except that when you consider reason #1.

If it is still present in Suse 8.2+ I will then post this as an added step in proper install solutions.

altoine