View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2002
Enthusiast

sonnet is flying high

Quote:
You are receiving less upload requests from non-limewire hosts.
Interesting, I am now receiving requests from Java 1.1.8, Morpheus, Java 1.3.1, among others.

Quote:
And I guess you did not set up your router for port-forwarding, in which case forcing your IP is completely useless. Nothing's wrong. The network has just changed.
Are you referring to my wireless router, which I have disabled when using Limewire? (As an aside, the wireless router is set up for port forwarding.) Are you referring to my 10.2 firewall, which I have also disabled as a test, but which produced no better results? My wireless is set up fine for port-forwarding, as is my OS 10.2 firewall. I can disable both of them, and still I will not get uploads.

Quote:
I would think that LimeWire set your overall upload limit to a lower value than what you set as "max upload slots" value. It does that at times, when it seems you can't sustain that many uploads.
To clarify, I did not mean "Max Upload Slots." I meant "Uploads Per Person," defined as "Allow this many uploads per person." This is set at 100; if there is a cap, Limewire should specify.

"Max Upload Slots" is set at Limewire's default of 6 and as Limewire says, will only be reached if I have enough bandwidth. This should not affect "Uploads Per Person."

Quote:
When your host says it's busy another LimeWire client will give your host a lower priority when trying to download a file that you have but that others have as well.
How can my host be busy when no one is uploading at the present time?

Quote:
If you want to know more about how LimeWire handles uploads and about what might be wrong, you can download the newest beta which comes with some nice statistics.
Wondering why I should have to download a beta when it seems this latest version should not have me working so hard.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with the program at all.
Still trying to figure out, then, why so few people are able to upload successfully from me. I base this on "number of successful uploads" on previous Limewire builds versus this one.

Last edited by sonnet; December 7th, 2002 at 09:12 AM.