View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2002
Enthusiast

sonnet is flying high

Okay, Lee,

I emailed you with my IP and the names of some files.

This should be running, Lee; I don't plan to disconnect it; I've kept it running for the past 12 hours. If you have a problem, please email me. Due to lack of hits I had considered shutting down all programs and restarting the computer to see if that helps; however, as Limewire does better the longer it runs, I think instead I will leave it running.

I have another question while I am waiting for my test with Lee. Does anyone know if it does any harm, if one has a DSL/Cable connection, to play with the connection speeds? For example, sometimes with the older versions of Limewire, I would set my speed as T1 and find that suddenly *some* people (depending on their bandwidth) could upload faster from me. It was as though my bandwidth, at that moment, was evidently "greater" than that of an "average" cable modem, at least at that particular moment, (though I am sure far less than a T1), and by setting the number higher, I was able to provide whatever bandwidth I had available for those who were uploading. Just wondering if anyone else had experimented with this. I do not think setting it higher locked anyone out; it just seemed to make bandwidth available to them *if* I had it and *if* they could use it. Since this newest version of Limewire works differently, I would prefer to ask you guys.

Last edited by sonnet; December 8th, 2002 at 01:37 AM.