View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2002
Valued Member contributor

LeeWare is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Thumbs up Testing Results for Sonnets LimeWire Implementation

Sonnet

Testing Result for 68.*.*.* <-- 24.*.*.*

test 1: I connected 4 nodes to the network and searched for the content specified in your e-mail. I found your machine on all 4 nodes. From each machine I issued a browse host command to browse your local file library. It appears you're sharing over 600 files-your query hit messages are comming back as four star results. (for each machine I selected the entire contents of your library for download. Unfortunately, this was overkill on my part because each of my machines became extremely busy attempting to create 600 + files in the incomplete folder directory. )
I terminated this session.

Next, I disconnected each of my nodes from the network and cleaned up my file system then I reconnected all 4 nodes in searched from each one for the content you specified in your e-mail, three turned up no results from your host, your machine was probably outside of my search horizon. However, the fourth node did return results from your machine. from this point, I took a more practical approach to downloading from a host.

My download setting are set to the default of 14 simultaneous downloads. Your machine deliver 360 kilobits per second throughput.

Test / Results:
===========

Single File Download: worked

Multiple file download: (4) worked

Multiple file download: (14) 6 downloaded 8 waiting in line positions (1 - 8)
As each download completed one file would drop from the queue and the rest were repositioned in the queue. (worked according to specifications)

Multiple File Download: (20) 6 downloaded 8 waiting in line positions (1-8) 6 files waiting x seconds busy.

QueryHits for content on your machine now returning 2 star results.

Comments:
========

The new features introduced in this version of LimeWire are working correctly. All files were successfully downloaded. I assume that you're not doing any bandwidth throttling so the throughput is good. appears that the maximum number of files that can be downloaded from a host at any given time is 6 any thing above this amount is give either an Upload limit reached on your side or queued on the remote users side. (this depends on maximum number of simultaneous downloads specified on the remote users host.) Any QueryHits from your machine while people are downloading from you or queued up to download from your are drop from 4 star results to 2 star to 1. Anyone who has their filters set to show only three stars or higher will not see query hits from your machine while it is busy.

I downloaded a total of 54 -130 files from your machine they were all destroyed upon completion of this test. Hope this helps.