View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2002
Novicius

hardwire127 is flying high
Angry I have the same damn problem!!!

I'm having the same exact problems that everybody else is having too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok here we go....I've been using Limewire since 2.3.1 with no problems and I've upgraded/updated all along the way untill now! I can't seem to get the latest version(2.79?) to install on my system. I've been looking on the forums for help and can't really get any to solve my problem!! When I try to run the install program for 2.79 I get the errors...Error 1714 "the older version of Limewire cannot be removed" and Error 1603 Feature Transfer Error."Consult Windows Installer Help(Msi.chm) or MSDN for more info"
I've tried to remove Limewire by using Add/Remove programs from the control panel and I also used Regedit to remove all strings related to Limewire and used Windows Explorer to get rid of any files left behind.(all methods I found and tried by reading the forums)
After trying all of the above I tried to run the install program for 2.79 and I get the SAME ERROR CODES AS BEFORE!!! I've tried to put previous version back on like 2.65 and 2.55 and they didnt work either!! BUT I was able to put back my original version 2.3.1 back on my system...I would really like to be able to update to the newest version,BUT I seem to need alot of help trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my system...
I'm running Windows 98SE on a Intell PIII 1.0Ghz system with 512Mb Ram... I really need some help!!!!!