View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2002
Brain updates D/Ld on P2P

MacTerminator is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by jannuss

The problem that others and I are experiencing is this: with LimeWire running, you launch some other application [even something simple like System Preferences], and Window Manager jumps to 60-90% and stays there. Sometimes it will settle down after 5, 10, or even 15 minutes and sometimes it won't. Totally inconsistant which makes the problem even harder to identify.
The peaks I have never last for more than a couple of seconds

Quote:
Originally posted by jannuss

Just out of couriosity: how large is your Shared folder and is it physically on your Systems disk?
About 7Gb/1300 files and yes it's on the internal drive (single partition).

But I've just done a test setting my LW Saving folder on an External 80Gb Firewire drive and downloading a couple of small files with no errors.

This has always been a big mystery to me. I have three Macs (a dual 1 GHz Quicksilver, A Powerbook G4 500Mhz and a Powerbook G3 233Mhz). I've done tests several times between them: doing a clean installation of the system (usually OS9 as the PBG3 doesn't really have enough muscle for OSX) and installing the same software on two or all three computers. And I've found that even on computers with exactly the same configuration (though obviously not the same model) the same program can work perfectly on one and be practically unuseable with errors on another. Gremlins? You tell me....