View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2002
Gnutella Jewel

mdouma46 is flying high
Default Erratic swarm download behavior

Recently, like in around Limewire X version 2.7.x and later, I've been having really erratic swarm download behavior or even normal downloads, for that matter...

This is in OS X 10.2.2 and 10.2.3 (Just released today) with a cable internet connection on my G4 400 @ 450 w/ a GB of RAM.

The status on a download will switch quite frequently between the number of hosts it's downloading from, whether it's downloading or waiting in line, and whether the hosts are busy, etc.

For example, I'll search for a file and start downloading it, and my status will change to "Connecting..." Then it'll say "Downloading from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX". Then 2 seconds later it'll say "Downloading from 2 hosts" and the KB/s will rise. Then 2 seconds later it'll be up to 4 hosts. Then 2 seconds later it'll say "Downloading from 0 hosts" and the KB/s will drop to 0. Then it'll switch back to one host, then 3, then none.

It just seems much more erratic then I remember previous versions being. The downloads usually will finish okay, but this behavior is quite strange...

I'm not sure if I've experienced the same thing on a PC or not....

Any ideas?