View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2002
Enthusiast

funkymarcus is flying high
Unhappy

Quote:
One of the problems I've seen is that when people like funkymarcus or myself explain what we are experiencing, some senior member or support person tells us that it is practically impossible. No wonder it is taking so long for this product to become robust and stable when the people responsible are in denial, or just won't listen.
Yup. Maybe everyone who has trouble with the software gives up and abandons it before they are elevated to the status of "senior member."

I'll pose this question: is there anyone running LimeWire on OS X that can justifiably and honestly state that it performs acceptably?

Hey, developers, do you guys even use the OS X version? Fire up 2.8.5 on 10.2.3 some time (but not necessarily right now - enjoy your holiday for the time being if that's what you've got planned). Do you find it usable?

Let me reiterate the problem. I am not complaining strictly about things that are caused by differences in 2.8's use of HTTP. LimeWire has been deteriorating for a long time. I am saying that I have three computers running Mac OS X right next to a computer running Windows. Two Macs are new, the other is three years old, and the Windows machine is even older. They share the same LAN and same Internet connection, run current software, and all have LimeWire 2.8.5. One of them performs acceptably. The other three do not. Guess which is which?

I'm willing to do what I can to fix the problem. Are you?

Mark
2.8.5/10.2.3/iMac 800MHz