View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2002
_eLeCtRiFyInG MeMbRr_

nDiScReEt is flying high
Default ClayD and guyintoronto

I would really much love to help you two but there is this serious lack of information. I don't have any idea as to what steps you have done to arrive at your delimma. I would appreciate if you two could mention line for line like I did in my instructions, the steps you did. Either that or create a symlink to your "/usr/bin" directory from your java binary. Example:

ln -s /usr/java/j2sdk-1.4.1-01/bin/java /usr/bin/java

I mention the use of this symlink because I think your system does not load your .bash_profile or .bashrc when you first login. I am currently experiencing this with my gentoo installation but It works nonetheless using the symlink above (Of course, link the java binary to your specific installation directory).

I am hunting down the source of my problem with why my .bash_profile is not being used at logon.

The only thing that troubles me is that even if your system doesn't use your .bash_profile at logon, the "source .bash_profile" or "source .bashrc" command should still setup your environment for useage with LimeWire.

My only conclusion is that there is a typo and it needs to be ferreted out. The typo begins in either "export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/" or in "export PATH=JAVA_HOME/bin/:$PATH".

altoine