View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2002
Novicius

woowooweenie is flying high
Angry no more limewire for me

i finally followed the pop-up to upgrade and i'm wishing i hadn't ...the thing took over my connection this is wahat happened after the install:
1. limewire will not connect @ more than 1kB - and those connection don't last long NO COMPLETED DOWNLOADS!!!!!
2. I cannot run the internet conncurrently -- pages take forever to load --- SLOWER THAN IT WAS WHEN I HAD DIAL UP!!!!!!
3. After i disconnect from internet connect -- it re-connects itself -- and my send/receive bars are going crazy!!!!! Everytime i hit disconnect it reconnects!!!! WHAT IS BEING SENT AND RECEIVED??????

so i uninstalled limewire and all of the aforementioned problems disappear -- my internet connection is back to its normal speed and when i disconnect from internet connect it does not reconnect itself!!!!!! so then i went to the limewire help page looking for info on posssible bundled software & it says you have the option to install it --- i don't remember getting the option but i try again -- and there was no option as far as i could find to not download bundled programs. As soon as i fire up limewire all of the same problems happen again: no succesful downloads, i can't load pages on the internet and something has taken over my internet connect.

I have had enough of this --- i PERMANENTLY UNINSTALLED LIMEWIRE -- i was going to go PRO to get rid of the ads --- but no way will i support a company that puts out FREEWARE THAT IS SO BLANTANTLY UGLY!!!!!!!

i thought this was going to be the end of my file sharing -- but ****I FOUND AN ALTERNATIVE FOR MAC****** I'm now using acquistion -- not as fancy as limewire -- but it works!!!!! lots of sucessful downloads since i installed it lastnight and it doesn't mess with my system!!!!

LIMEWIRE GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING GNUTELLA!!!!!!