View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2002
Novicius

dgjxolox is flying high
Default xolox locks up computer during initialization - version 141_516

I've tried running the following versions of xolox in the last two days:

141_516

They all produce the same results. Xolox starts up. It starts to connect to hosts, in some cases it gets to 3 of 6 hosts connected, the last time it got to 5 of 6 hosts connected. Then the computer is completely frozen/locked up. The only way to get out of this is to do a hardware reset of the system.

I am running Windows 2000, 5.00.2195, Service Pack 3. I believe the CPU I am using is a P3 running at 1ghz and there is 256mb of memory on this computer.

I opened up the Windows Task Manager to watch the resource usage before the system froze. The last entries indicated the following:

CPU usage at 21%
MEM Usage at 183988K <which is a low amount per the display>

Xolox had also started the following: "Started calculating finger prints for shared files".

Basically Xolox is useless on my computer and renders my computer inoperable if I try to start it.

I am able to use WINMX without a problem.

I have a satellite connection to the internet and I have two computers on a small network at home (two computers connected via a switch).

If there is any other information you need let me know. Basically I cannot and will not try to use Xolox again until I receive some type of direction on things to try to "fix" this problem, or requests for additional data on this problem.

Thank you.