Thread: Files Deleted!
View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2002
Apprentice

eiSecure is flying high

Hello Rich,

I am probally not going to be a big help to you, but I am going to have a crack at helping you.

I don't have any idea about your mp3 player and what could have caused it to do what it did, So I not too much help there.

Does anyone have any idea? Is it possible that someone could delete files off my machine through LimeWire? Or was LimeWire (it kept crashing today..) to blame?

From what I currently understand of how LimeWire works, another person isn't able to delete files off of your machine via LimeWire. I have been around here only for a short while, but I haven't seen any other cases like this. The issues with LimeWire crashing is another story.

I was running 2.8.5 and it crashed once and I sent the debug info to bugs@limewire.com and got a message back about "downgrading" but could not find the older version of LimeWire to download.. and I did an uninstall of 2.8.5 and downloaded what was supposedly 2.8.4 from the LimeWire site but it installed again as actualyl 2.8.5.

AS you can probally notice by reading some threads in the LimeWire forums, there are problems with the lastest version with the stability of it. Thus manny people have gone back to the later version that are more stable. The only difference between the new version and some of the older version is the different features.

I will look to where I can get a link for you to older versions of LimeWire, or maybe if you want you could just try doing a search in your limewire for older versions.

I hope this helps (probally not)