Thread: Bug Report
View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2003
Apprentice

cliffsteve is flying high
Default Bug Report

Bottom message is a response to bug report I made this afternoon and my response back.

No, I am not a satisfied customer and will not renew my pro license.

2.8.5 is performing better I have installed the application on my main boot drive partition and removed all download files to another partition on my main drive. This is working well. Previously all files were on an outboard firewire drive. I have guessed that there are "issues" with firewire and gnutella clients on the mac using OS X 10.2 and all upgrades. I am not researching this problem just adapting. 2.7.13 was not reliable and never performed well even when installed to the main boot drive as I have done for 2.8.5 above. I will continue to use 2.8.5. it is all right, so far.

I have found a promising product for the Mac called iSwipe in Australia. http://www.hillmanminx.com/. Free download. It has some nice features. Limited sharing (100 files). Automated searches. Searches many networks including Napster, Gnutella, etc. Visual interface does not interfere with the interface of other programs. Limewire continues to do this. Very weird. Developed by one person. Not software by committee. Beta version. Still in development. I continue to watch and play.

Limewire continues to sell a buggy product by their own admission (see their response below). Does the left hand know what the right is doing? What a bunch of losers.

Sincerely,

Steve

Dear Limewire Team,

I am a "Pro" user.

I changed to the current version 2.8.4 and then 2.8.5 because 1. That is the current version Limewire offers for download 2. I paid for it. 3. It performed better than 2.7.13. If it is so buggy, why the hell are you continuing to sell it and maintaining the links to download it?

2.7.13 sucks **** on the Mac. I will not reinstall it. When this pro license runs out, it will be the last purchase I ever make from Limewire.

There are plenty of competitors out there with promising products. Look out Limewire!

Sincerely,

Steve

--- bugs@limewire.com wrote:
> This is an automated bugs@limewire.com email
> response.
>
> Your submission to bugs@limewire.com indicated that
> you are using a buggy version of LimeWire that
> requires change. Please visit the LimeWire download
> page and switch to the current version. This may
> involve a rollback to version 2.7.13.
> http://www.limewire.com/index.jsp/download