View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2003
_eLeCtRiFyInG MeMbRr_

nDiScReEt is flying high
Default Re: problem solved....

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr-data
Hey all,

After re-reading some of the post that claimed to solve install problems, I noticed that the author was removing the kaffe package. I do not know what kaffe is (a JAVA clone?), or why I had it, as I did not need to force the removal via --nodeps.

After removing Kaffe the install script worked fine. On first read the removal of kaffe seemed more an option than a reqiorement....

FWIW< I still get the same error when I try to nuild from source, but with the installer working I guess all is cool with the world.

Ciao
It is great that you were able to remove kaffe without the "--nodeps" option. People with Mandrake need to use it as one of their program configuration wizards uses kaffe by default and will complain if removed without that flag. I will look into the compile error to see if I receive similiar results but that is beyond the scope of this particular forum topic and will have to be taken to irc or the developer's link. Yes, I have kaffe removal as an option only when it will not still install because it is still complaining about java. Any suggestion you can provide to help me make it newbie friendly without making it complicated. I guess I have to add in the mean time that it is written to be followed to the letter not to the word. Believe it or not there are people who are so new to linux that they don't know what a console or terminal is let alone what an editor is or how to use one. Please, have that in mind when you message me with your suggestions. Thank you.

altoine